Hi lovely readers. January is finally over!! January for me was all about JUST getting through it. I’ve spent a lot of time wrapping up lose ends and preparing myself for what February & March will have to offer me. I’ve got some BIG news to share (next week), so until then, I thought I’d update you on how my 5 New Year’s resolutions have panned out this month. I’m determined to keep myself on track and see my resolutions through, so here is this month’s recap.
1. Let it Be – Welcoming change has been AWESOME. I’ve never in my life felt so open to new possibilities. Change usually makes me really uncomfortable, but now…it feels liberating. I’ll fill you in next week on the biggest change of all.
2. Be More Present – With all the changes, I’ve been challenged to see the positivity in the tougher times. There have been a lot of hiccups along the way, and with most of them, I’ve been able to go with the flow. The boy and I have worked really hard at helping each other recognize the small but really lovely things. Ice cream overindulging, TV series marathons, date nights, outings with friends, and unexpected 70 degree days in January were amongst the mix.
3. Be Adventurous – It’s been REALLY cold here in St. Louis this month, so the adventuring have been limited to dog walks around the neighborhood. Remember that motorcycle I mentioned?? The boy and I are gifting each other helmets for the upcoming V-day. (I know that’s technically a Feb achievement, but it was planned in January 😉
4. Follow My Heart & Feed My Soul – I’ve been doing just that…Listening to my heart, even though my heart has a crazy “I don’t care about anything” kind of attitude. I kind of like it. I’ve also taken on the challenge of teaching myself to cook. This month I’ve learned how to properly make a steak, make frocaccia bread, make 2 massive pound cakes, roast onions and potatoes, and learned to love green peppers…which is good for a non veggie eating gal.
5. Be More Conscious – This month was all about saving money. Compared to the month of December, January was a very responsible month. This month I’ve been really good at using a credit card for gas and food related expenses to build my credit score (for future home buying purposes). Working out starts in February 😉