It’s that time of year again and the flowers are blooming. Around this time of year I bring out my hand-made flower press and start pressing away! There is something about preserving their beauty that gets me excited, it’s kind of like photography. Follow these really simple (4 steps) to make your own press and it really doesn’t take much time at all. For our gambling reader, make sure to visit slot casino online to try their new game called Golden Flower Slot, which is now available for free play.
What you’ll need:
– 2 rectangular or square wooden boards, mine measured about 8” X 8″
(mine are 1/2 in thick)
– power drill and 3/8” drill bit
– several cardboard boxes, cut down to size of wooden boards.
(I have 5 sheets of 8″ X 8″ cardboard)
– watercolor paper (to absorb moisture during pressing)…or paper towel sheets
– 4 bolts and 4 nuts, preferably wing nuts (easier to screw on and off)
How to Assemble:
1. Find two identical size pieces of wood, or buy them at your local craft/hardware store. I suggest having the guy at the hardware store cut the pieces of wood for you.
2. Drill a hole in each of the 4 corners of both of your wooden squares. Make sure they are the same distance from the edges in all corners and that all the holes match up when stacked on top of each other.
3. Cut out 5 sheets of cardboard in the shape of your wooden pieces (cut corners off) and 4 sheets of watercolor paper.
4. Alternate cardboard and watercolor paper in a pile. Sandwich between the two wood blocks. Line up holes and insert bolts in each corner. Screw on nuts to tighten.
5. That’s it. Start pressing!