I’m going to be honest and say that I was glad to see 2012 go. The year wasn’t all that kind and I can’t seem to think of any other year that included so many physical and emotional ups and downs. I’m exhausted from the whole thing and really glad 2013 has decided to show up. I’ve been waiting for it for what seems like months now. Unfortunately I’m getting a really slow start to the year as mother nature has decided to kick my immune system’s ass AGAIN and curse me with the flu.
But here I am, thinking about how I want to set myself up for success and I’ve been gathering quite a bit of inspiration from other bloggers who have been kind enough to share their new year’s resolutions. One blogger, Kathleen (from Braid Creative) talked about defining one word to describe the year past, and another new word to describe the upcoming year. I thought this would be a good exercise to get my juices flowing. I’ve decided my word for 2012 was LOST, and my word for 2013 is GROW (originally CHANGE). I used the word GROW to help me define what 2013 looks like to me.
1. Let it Be – I’m going to welcome change with open arms and learn to let go more
2. Be More Present – I’m going to work hard at seeing positivity everyday, enjoy the small things in life, and really be thankful for what I already possess.
3. Be Adventurous – I’m going to uproot and restart, take more road trips, have more picnics, take more walks, and yes…buy a motorcycle this spring.
4. Follow My Heart & Feed My Soul – I’m going to start living my dream job, a house with 2 floors, a studio, a Garden Ready For The Kids and learn to cook.
5. Be More Conscious – I’m going to consciously make healthier decisions with food and exercise, build my credit and save my money
We’ll see how it all goes. I’ve keep things more general this year to allow for the year to shape itself. Im up for big changes so I didn’t want my goals to be too concrete. Let’s cheers to a new year, but first I must thank all of you for being such loyal readers of this blog. I hope 2013 brings a little more focus, resulting in even better content to share with all of you. Cheers!
Some of my favorite resolution post from some of my favorite bloggers:
Oh Joy talks about things to improve on & things to keep doing in 2013
Che & Fidel speaks about good intentions for 2013
Jeremy & Kathleen sums up her goals for 2013 in just a few words
Andria Lindquist talk about starting the year off slow
Design For Mankind talks about doing good each day
Miss Modish speaks about want to learn how to FEEL & BE